The North Esk Dragon Boat Club hold a trivia night each year as their major fundraiser. It is the culmination of months of work by all of our members, they all contribute in some way. They all know how important it is to raise funds to buy and maintain our boats and this year the money raised will go towards a new home for our boats that is being built on the river side wall of the North Esk Rowing Club.
In hard economic times it is really refreshing to see hands going in pockets, local business going the extra mile to help and such an overwhelming sense of pride that we, as members embrace. To everyone who came, to everyone who helped, to everyone who had a hand in our success, you have our thanks.
Balmoral on York
Centrally located to all of Launceston’s beautiful parks (each within 10 minutes), cafes and major shopping precinct, we are conveniently located to the major hospital and medical offices in the city. Come and see why we are the accommodation partner of choice for many of Australia’s regular travellers.
Cripps Nubake is Tasmania’s Leading plant bakery. The company’s heritage goes back to 1878 when the first commercial bakery was opened in Hobart by William Cripps. The company has evolved over the years until Cripps Nubake was launched in November 1997. This was the result of a merger of 3 regional bakeries, Cripps-Hobart, Nubake-Launceston and Bass-Cooee.
Your local Tasmanian bottleshop can be found at Ulverstone, Latrobe, Launceston, Claremont, Bridgewater, Bellerive, Glenorchy, Moonah, Lutana, Hobart, Kingston, New Town, Howrah, Sandy Bay and Sorell.
Philip Kuruvita Photography
Five times Tasmanian Professional Photographer of the Year, a Fellow of both the Australian and New Zealand Institiutes of Professional Photography, Philip is Tasmania’s only Grand Master of Photography – one of just 15 in Australia. While it is great to win awards and be recognized for the work that you do, for me it is still, after all these years, the thrill of capturing the moment in a way that resonates with people who see my images that gets me up in the morning.
Tamar River Cruises
Has been family owned and located at Launceston’s Home Point since 1996. Our two vessels, Tamar Odyssey and Lady Launceston have shared the unique cruising experience of the Cataract Gorge and Tamar Valley with hundreds of thousands of guests over the past 18 years. Our cruising options have something to suit everybody.
And also many thanks to these local business ventures for supporting and donations to our dragon boat club:
- Riverside Florist & Gifts Shop 5, West Tamar Road, Riverside
- Rosie Macks 70A Old Brisbane Arcade, Launceston
- The Complete You Beauty & Tanning Salon Prospect Vale Marketplace, Prospect Vale
- Amelia Espresso 56 George Street, Launceston
- Launceston City Ghost Tours 14 Brisbane Street, Launceston
- K & K Enterprises – Haridressing & Beauty Supplies 143 Wellington St, Launceston
- Dianne Brown Chemist 2 Prossers Forest Road, Ravenswood
- The Agrarian Kitchen 650 Lachlan Road, Lachlan
- Bladerunner @ The Charles 187 Charles Street, Launceston
- Riverside News & Lotto 314 West Tamar Road, Riverside
- Launceston Aquatic 18A High Street, Launceston
- Petrarch’s Bookshop 89 Brisbane Street, Launceston
- Physio Fit Launceston 305 Wellington Street, Launceston
- Bendigo Bank 38 St John Street, Launceston
- 2014/15 Entertainment Book